Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Boondock Saints (1999)

4.5/5

As a fellow Mic, let me say all Irishmen are cracked. That might be true of the Italians, too. The dialogue makes this film great (yes, more than throwing the toilet at the angry Russian). And no one should miss William Dafoe in drag.

This is another film that explores the Robin Hood role to its logical conclusion, hilariously. Vigilantism fuels an adrenaline rush until you’re on the receiving end of the bullet. The Macmanus brothers are the original real-life superheroes.

Did the cat have to die?

1 comment:

  1. I love this film SO MUCH. The sequel had its charms, but much as I adore Julie Benz, she wasn't one of them. Overall, the second movie kind of sucked. But this one, I love.

    (My dearest friend is both Irish and Italian. And she calls me Mookie. And your assessment is correct.)

    ReplyDelete