Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Losers (2010)

4.5/5 stars

Watching the previews, The Losers looked like it was a dress rehearsal for The A-Team remake. Surprisingly, this movie stands up well. The dialogue is funny, snappy and nicely offsets the action scenes, which are also awesome (“Your mom is a pirate”).

The unexpected plot twists build to an uncertain but inevitable ending. Each character is well developed and unique. While it’s not really explained how Max is connected to the CIA or why he’s trying to start a war using “green” nuclear bombs, it’s easy to suspend belief for the sake of watching Clay (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) throw a helicopter at a private jet full of money.

There’s an obvious sequel in the future, but for once I’m not that worried about it.

1 comment:

  1. The first time I saw the trailer for The Losers, I thought it was the A-Team remake. I got all excited. Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was a different movie. But since you say it's pretty good, I think I'll give The Losers a chance after all.

    ReplyDelete